Disseminating ideas about education, innovation, research
Publications including articles, chapters and books which have been published externally in publications such as the press, academic journals, conferences etc. Copies are provided when available.
- Allen, A. Preston, C. Payton, M. and Pickering, S. (2011) Safeguarding learners in a digital world: e-Safety module information for Further Education & Skills providers & learners. Becta Coventry. Drop Box link
- Audain, J. (2014) The Ultimate Guide To Using ICT Across The Curriculum (For Primary Teachers): Web, Widgets, Whiteboards And Beyond! Bloomsbury
- Audain, J., Leask, M., Preston, C., Procter, R. and Younie, S. (2019) ‘Extended case study: Knowledge sharing through digital tools’, Chartered College of Teaching – Teacher CPD: International trends, opportunities and challenges
- Bradshaw, P., Cameron, K. and Younie, S. (2011) ‘A case study examination of the BBC News School Report project in Initial Teacher Education across three sites’, Training and Development Agency, Ministry of Education (DfE) UK Government.
- Bradshaw, P. and Younie, S. (2011) ‘Trainee teachers’ engagement in a cross-curricular news project: impact on professional identity’. Advancing Education, Autumn 2011, Article 4. Nottingham: Naace [online] available at http://www.naace.co.uk/1708.
- Bradshaw, P. and Younie, S. (2018) ‘Understanding online ethics and digital identity’ in (Eds.) S. Younie and P. Bradshaw, Debates in Computing and ICT Education. London: Routledge.
- Bradshaw, P., Younie, S. and Jones, S. (2013) ‘Open Education Resources and Higher Education Academic Practice’, Campus-Wide Information Systems Vol. 30, No.3, pp 186-194.
- Boulton, H. 2016. Exploring the effectiveness of new technologies: Improving literacy and engaging learners at risk of social exclusion in the UK. Journal of Teaching and Teacher Education 63, 73-81
- Boulton, H. 2014. ePortfolios beyond pre-service teacher education: A New Dawn? European Journal of Teacher Education 37(3) 374-389
- Boulton, H. and Hramiak, A., 2014. Cascading the use of Web 2.0 technology in secondary schools in the United Kingdom: identifying the barriers beyond pre-service training. Journal of Technology, Pedagogy and Education 23(2) 151-166
- Boulton, H. and Hramiak, A., 2012. E-flection: the development of reflective communities of learning for trainee teachers through the use of shared online web logs. Reflective Practice: International and Multidisciplinary Perspectives 13(4).
- Bradshaw, P. and Younie, S. (2016) ‘Pre-service teachers’ engagement in a cross-curricular television news project: impact on professional identity’, Teacher Development: An international journal of teachers’ professional development, Vol 5, Issue: 20, pp 599-613. http://hdl.handle.net/2086/12071 and http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/13664530.2016.1204354
- Brown-Martin, G. and Tavakolian, N (images) (2014) Learning (Re)Imagined: How The Connected Society Is Transforming Learning. Bloomsbury Academic
- Burden, K., Younie, S. and Leask, M. (2013) ‘Translational research principles applied to education: the mapping of educational specialist knowhow (MESH) initiative’ Journal of Education for Teaching: International research and pedagogy, Vol. 39, No.4, pp 459-463. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02607476.2013.801216 and http://hdl.handle.net/2086/9443
- Burton, D., Lee, K. and Younie, S. (2009) ‘Understanding Learning’ in (eds) Younie, S. Capel and M. Leask, Supporting Teaching and Learning in the Secondary School: a companion for higher level teaching assistants. London: Routledge. ISBN 978-0-415-35884-2 pp 82-90.
- Capel, S., Leask, M. and Younie, S. (eds) (2016) Learning to Teach in the Secondary School: A Companion to School Experience. (Edn7) London: Routledge.
- Cassen, R. McNally, S. and Vignoles, A (2015) Making a difference in Education: What the Evidence Says. Routledge
- Catlin, D., Csizmadia, A., O’Meara, J. and Younie, S. (2015) ‘Transforming the Classroom through Educational Robotics Research: Establishing a Robotics Community of Evidenced-based Practice using MESH Guides and the TACTICS Framework’ RIE 2015: Proceedings 6th International Conference on Robotics in Education (RIE), HESSO.HEIG-VD, Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland. https://www.dora.dmu.ac.uk/handle/2086/12097
- Cuthell J.P. (2012) Learning in Liminality Available from here.
- Cuthell, J. P. (2009) Thinking Things Through – Collaborative Online Professional Development. In: Lindberg, J. O & Olofsson, A. D. Online Learning Communities and Teacher Professional Development: Methods for Improved Education Delivery. Hershey, IGI Global http://www.virtuallearning.org.uk/?p=586
- Cuthell, J. P. (2008) The Role of a Web-based Community in Teacher Professional Development. International Journal of Web Based Communities, Vol. 2, No. 8 2008, pp. 115 – 139. Geneva, Inderscience here
- Cuthell, J.P., and Preston, C. (2012). Tracking the stages of learning: concept maps as representations of liminal space. Themes in Science and Technology Education, 5(1/2), 79-94. here
- Cuthell, J. P., Cych, L., and Preston, C. (2011) Learning in Liminal Spaces. Paper presented at Mobile learning: Crossing boundaries in convergent environments Conference, University of Bremen. Available from here
- Cuthell, J. P. and C. Preston (2009) The Use of Concept Maps for Collaborative Knowledge Construction here
- Cych, L., Williams, L. and Younie, S. (2018) ‘Using Web 2.0 technologies to enhance learning and teaching’ in (Eds.) S. Younie and P. Bradshaw, Debates in Computing and ICT Education. London: Routledge.
- Daly, C, Pachler N. and Pelletier, C. (2009) Continuing professional development in ICT for teachers: A literature review. Becta Report One here
- Daly, C., Pachler N., and Pelletier, C. (2009) Continuing Professional Development in ICT for teachers. Becta Report Two here
- Davis, G., Leask, M., Noakes, J., Rafferty, R. and Younie, S. (2016) ‘An invitation: research and development for self-improving education systems’, International Journal for Lesson and Learning Studies (IJLLS), Vol. 5 Issue: 4, pp.362 – 367. https://www.dora.dmu.ac.uk/xmlui/handle/2086/13515 and http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/IJLLS-08-2016-0023
- Davis, N. (2017) Digital Technologies and Change in Education: The Arena Framework. Routledge Review here.
- Davis, N., C. Preston, and I. Sahin (2009a). ICT teacher training: evidence for multilevel evaluation from a national initiative.British Journal of Education Technology (BJET). Volume 40. Issue 1 (January 2009 ) (Published Online: Feb 5 2008 12:00AM): 135–148.DOI: 10.1111/j.1467-8535.2007.00808.x
- Davis, N. E., C. Preston and I. Sahin (2009b). Training teachers to use new technologies impacts multiple ecologies: Evidence from a national initiative’. British Educational Research Journal (BJET). Volume 40. Issue 5 (September 2009).
- Flynn, N., Mclean-Davies, L., Procter, R. and Younie, S. (2015) ‘Mapping Educational Specialist knowHow (MESH): The Building of a Knowledge Management System’, Education Perspectives (invited paper to academic journal of Sri Lanka, Ministry of Education), Vol 4, No.1, pp. 4-22. (ISSN 2279-1450). http://hdl.handle.net/2086/12072; https://www.dora.dmu.ac.uk/handle/2086/12072
- Galloway, J., John, M. and McTaggart, M. (2014) Learning With Mobile And Handheld Technologies. Routledge
- Hammond, M., Younie, S., Woollard, J., Cartwright, V. and Benzie, D. (2009) What does our past involvement with computers in education tell us? A view from the research community. Coventry: Warwick University Press.
- Hartnell-Young, E. (2008). Mobile phones for learning in mainstream schooling: resistance and change. Proceedings of mLearn 2008, Ironbridge, UK, October. pp 160-167.
- Hartnell-Young, E. & Heym, N. (2008). How mobile phones help learning in secondary schools. Coventry: British Educational Communications and Technology Agency. Becta
- Hartnell-Young, E., Heym, N. & Rose, A. (2008). Defying a cultural taboo: using mobile phones for learning in secondary schools. BERA annual conference, Edinburgh, September
- Hinostroza, E., Rehben, L.E., Mellar, H. and Preston, C. (2000). Developing Educational Software: A Professional Tool Perspective Education and Information Technologies 5:2 (2000): 103-117
- Howell Richardson, C. and C. Preston (2007). Multimodal concept mapping in teaching and learning. Editorial: Fascinating cultural artifacts: multimodal concept mapping in teaching and learning. Reflecting Education www.reflectingeducation.net/index.php/reflecting. Last accessed 15th February 2011.
- Hramiak, A. and Boulton, H., 2013. Escalating the use of web 2.0 technology in secondary schools in the United Kingdom: Barriers and enablers beyond teacher training. Electronic Journal of e-Learning 11(2) 91-100
- Hynes, P. and Younie, S. (2018) ‘BYOD: Bring Your Own Device’, in (Eds.) S. Younie and P. Bradshaw. Debates in Computing and ICT Education. London: Routledge.
- Jones, S., Procter, R, and Younie, S. (2015) ‘Participatory Knowledge Mobilization: An emerging model for translational research in Education’, JET Journal of Education for Teaching, Special Issue, Volume 41, No.5, pp. 555-574. https://www.dora.dmu.ac.uk/handle/2086/12068
- Jones, S. and Younie, S. (2013) ‘ICT tools for professional development’ in (eds) M. Leask and N. Pachler Learning to Teach in the Secondary School Using ICT. London: Routledge.
- Laird, K. and Younie, S. (2017) The fight against germs. Early Years Educator (EYE), 19 (3) pX-XI
- Laird, K., Younie, S. and Williams, J. (2016) Germ’s Journey: Dirty Hands! Clean Hands! London: Medina Publishing.
- Landy, L., Younie, S., Hill, A. and Wolf, M. (2014) ‘The EARS 2 Pedagogical Project: an eLearning environment to introduce learners to sound-based music’, in Himonides, E. & King, A. (Eds.). (2014). Researching Music, Education, Technology: Critical Insights. Proceedings of the Sempre MET 2014, p129-135. London: International Music Education Research Centre (iMerc) Press. [isbn: 978-1-905351-29-9]
- Leask, M., Litchfield, P. and Younie, S. (2005) ‘Using ICT In Your Particular Subject’ in (eds) M. Leask and N. Pachler Learning to Teach in the Secondary School Using ICT. London: Routledge. ISBN 0-415-35104-9 pp 4-16.
- Leask, M., O’Meara, J., Younie, S. and Jones, S. (2013) ‘Re-engineering research, teaching and learning with digital technologies: how AAOU (Asian Association of Open Universities) members might collaborate for the benefit of teachers and learners in their societies’, in Open Education Research, No.6, pp 42-50. (Translated into Chinese and published in a Chinese journal). http://hdl.handle.net/2086/12070
- Leask, M., Preston, C. and Younie, S. (2014) ‘Translational research and knowledge mobilisation – strategies from the Campbell Collaboration and MESH (Mobilising, Managing and Mapping Educational Specialist knowHow), BERA Symposium, British Educational Research Association (BERA) Annual Conference, Institute of Education, University of London, 23-25 September, 2014.
- Leask, M., and Younie, S. (2001) ‘Communal Constructivist Theory: pedagogy of information and communications technology & internationalisation of the curriculum’, Journal of Information Technology for Teacher Education, Vol. 10, Nos 1 & 2, pp117-134.
- Leask, M and Younie, S. (2001) ‘Is the European Schoolnet an Online European Community for Teachers and a Valuable Professional Resource?’ Teacher Development: An International Journal of Teachers’ Professional Development. Vol. 5, No.2, pp 157-175.
- Leask, M and Younie, S. (2001) ‘Building On-line Communities for Teachers: ideas emerging from research’, in Issues in Teaching using ICT (ed) M. Leask, London: Routledge. ISBN 0-415-23867-6 pp 223-232.
- Leask, M. and Younie, S. (2009) Parliamentary Select Committee Inquiry into Initial Teacher Training and CPD Report: submission of written evidence to House of Commons, London.
- Leask, M. and Younie, S. (2013) ‘National Models for Continuing Professional Development: The Challenges of Twenty-First-Century Knowledge Management’ Journal of Professional Development in Education, Vol. 39, No. 2, pp 273–287. doi:10.1080/19415257.2012.749801.
- Leask, M. and Younie, S. (2016) ‘Keeping up to date – new MESHGuide research summaries for teachers, teacher educators and student teachers’ IT in Teacher Education National Newsletter, Summer 2016, London: ITTE
- Leask, M. and Younie, S. (2016) ‘Calling time on chaos: our personal responsibilities for R&D in a self-improving education system’ BERA Blog from Educational Research and Education Policy Making SIG, 19 September 2016.
- Leask, M and C. Preston, C. (2009) E-tools for Future Teachers: Becta, Coventry with Brunel University: download here.
- Lee, M. and Levins, M. (2012) Bring Your Own Technology. Australian Council for Educational Research Press
- Luckin, R. (ed) (2018) Enhancing Learning and Teaching with Technology: What the research says. See UCL IoE Press
- Mor, Y., Mellar, H., Warburton, S., and Winters N. (Eds) Practical Design Patterns For Teaching And Learning With Technology. Sense Publishers
- Pachler, N., Bachmair, B., and Cook, J. Gunther Kress (Ed.) (2010) Mobile Learning: Structures, Agency, Practices. Springer
- Pachler, N, Preston, C., Cuthell, J.P., Allen, A. and Torres, P. (2011) The ICT CPD Landscape in England Becta download here. This report contains a section about teachers who are reluctant to use learning technologies in classrooms that you can download here.
- Pinto, T. and Younie, S. (2015) ‘Developing E-Safety in the Primary School’, in (eds) S. Younie, M. Leask and K. Burden, Learning to Teach Using ICT in the Primary School, London: Routledge.
- Porayska-Pomsta K., Preston, C., Laerke Weitze, C. and Younie, S. (2017) ‘How can we provide educational practitioners with the expertise they need?’ In: Enhancing Learning and Teaching with Technology: What the Research Says, Rose Luckin (ed). Routledge
- Preston, C. (2017) Hardwired to Learn Education Executive, 27th April 2017 https://mirandanet.ac.uk/blog/
- Preston, C (2016) Innovations in professional development: real-time, in-ear coaching. Research report #2 in association with Iris Connect.
- Preston, C (2015) Innovation in teaching and learning: using web-enabled video technology to build professional capital through reflective practice, coaching and collaboration. Research report #1 in association with Iris Connect.
- Preston, C. (2014) Join the EU HandsOn ICT MOOC, ITTE Newsletter Summer no. 72
- Preston, C. (2013) The price of beauty and usefulness in learning. A study of value for money in nursery setting. Braided Learning Journal. MirandaNet publications in association with Community Playthings.
- Preston, C. (2011) Gaining insight into educators’ understanding of digital technologies: three models for the analysis of multi-dimensional concept maps. Doctorate in International Education, Institute of Education, University of London library.
- Preston, C. (2009). Exploring semiotic approaches to analysing multidimensional concept maps using methods that value collaboration. Handbook of Research on Collaborative Learning Using Concept Mapping. P. Torres and R. Marriott. Hershey, Pennsylvania/USA, Information Science Reference.
- Preston, C (2008) Braided learning: an emerging process observed in e-communities of practice. International Journal of Web Based Communities, 2008 – Vol. 4, No.2 pp. 220 – 243
- Preston, C. (2007) Braided Learning: promoting active professionals in education. New International Theories and Models Of and For Online Learning. C. Haythornthwaite. Chicago IL, USA, First Monday.
- Preston C. (2007) The development of personalised learning in e-communities in Pictures of Personalisation: A global view of the personalisation of learning, Ed. Angela MacFarlane, DfES and BESA.
- Preston, C. (2005) Social Networking between professionals: what is the point? A chapter in Self-regulated Learning in Technology. Edited Stephans, K, R. Carneiro and Underwood, J. Enhanced Learning Environments TACONET Lisbon, Portugal, Shaker Verlag.
- Preston, C. (2004). Learning to use ICT in Classrooms: teachers’ and trainers’ perspectives: an evaluation of the English NOF ICT teacher training programme (1999-2003): summary, full evaluation report and emergent trends for teacher educators and staff-trainers. London, funded by the Teacher Training Agency. Paper is here.
- Preston, C., M. Savage, M., Payton, M, and Barnett, A. (2017) Towards tomorrow’s successful digital citizens: providing the critical and dialogical opportunities to change lifestyles and mindsets. In ICT debates Eds Younie and Townsend Routledge
- Preston, C. and Younie, S. (2016) Taking the Tablets: Transforming teaching, liberating learners and engaging the community Eds. A. Quinn and T. Hourigan, Springer
- Preston, C., Allen, A. and Allen, R. (2017) Learning Spaces: The impact on learning of social and information environments in both physical and virtual settings. In Teaching and Learning with ICT in the Secondary School. Eds S. Younie and P. Bradshaw. Routledge
- Preston, C., Younie, S. and Turner, R. (2015) Listening to Learn; An Evaluation of Classroom Audio Distribution Technology for Enriching Teaching and Learning. A MirandaNet Fellowship publication in association with LightSpeed Technologies.
- Preston, C, J. Wilde, K. Cameron and S. Nusrat (2014) The relationship between parental engagement, digital home-school links and pupil achievement. A MirandaNet Fellowship publication in association with Groupcall here
- Preston, C. and S. Younie (2014) When the Funding Ends: Using the Handson ICT MOOC as a Key Element in Research and Development Projects presented at the Make Learn conference, Human Capital without Borders: Knowledge and Learning for Quality of Funded by the EU ICT Industry, Portoroc, Slovenia.%20http:/mirandanet.org.uk/researchexchange/eu-handson-ict/
- Preston, C. and S. Younie (2014) From a community of practice perspective learning in a MOOC can be a lonely business. MoodleMoot conference, Korper, Slovenia http://mirandanet.org.uk/researchexchange/eu-handson-ict/
- Preston, C. and S. Younie (2014) Mentoring in a Digital World: what are the issues? Key Competencies in Informatics and ICT (KEYCIT 2014) July 1-4 conference July 1st-5th. Conference Proceedings available at: https://publishup.uni-potsdam.de/opus4-ubp/frontdoor/index/index/docId/7032. [Retrieved: 22/10/16]
- Preston, C. and Younie, S. (2016) ‘Critical Incident using real-time, in-ear coaching in Professional development’. Advancing Education, Autumn 2016, Nottingham: Naace [online]
- Preston, C. and Younie, S. (2016) ‘Taking the tablets: has the long-predicted revolution in teaching and learning finally arrived?’ in (Eds.) A. Quinn and T. Hourigan, Handbook for Digital Learning in K-12 Schools, New York: Springer.
- Preston, C. and Scott Baker, M. (2015) Do young children need access to computers as much as they need to play with sand and water? Section: ICT in the Early Years: Teaching and Learning with ICT series: Eds, Leask and Younie, Routledge.
- Preston, C. and Cuthell, J.P. (2012) MirandaMods: From Practice to Praxis in Informal Professional Learning Contexts. In C. Jimoyiannis (Ed.) Research on e-Learning and ICT in Education, Springer pp 17-28. Chapter 2.
- Preston C. and Cuthell, J.P. (2009). From practice to praxis – through work based teaching and learning , WLE Centre, Institute of Education, University of London. London.
- Preston, C. and J.P. Cuthell (2007) Perspectives on ICT CPD: Past, Present and Future. The experiential learning of advisers responsible for school teachers’ ICT CPD programmes. WLE Centre, Institute of Education London. Available online.
- Preston, C. and Cuthell, J. (2005) Teaching in ICT rich environments – using e-learning to create a knowledge base for 21st century teachers. A chapter in M. Leask and Pachler, N (eds) (2nd edn 2005) Teaching and Learning using ICT in the Secondary School, London, Routledge.
- Preston, C, B. Mannova and Lengel, L. (2004) Building communities of practice in “New” Europe a chapter in A Brown, and N Davis (eds): Digital Technology, Communities and Education: World Year Book of Education – 2004 Routledge Falmer
- Preston, C. and Danby, M. (2004) Who are the supply teachers? Research for Select Education into the characteristics of supply teachers and their professional needs. Read more here.
- Preston, C. and Danby, M. (2004) Building professional capacity in new media skills – An evaluation of the European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) for Educators here
- Resnick, M. (2017) Lifelong Kindergarten: Cultivating Creativity through Projects, Passion, Peers, and Play. MIT Press
- Rudd, T. and Goodson I. F. (Eds) (2017) Negotiating Neoliberalism: Developing Alternative Educational Visions. Sense Publishers
- Savage, M. and Barnett, A. (2015) Digital Literacy for Primary Teachers. Critical Publishing Ltd.
- Turvey, K. (2017) Narrative Ecologies: Teachers as Pedagogical Toolmakers. Routledge
- Younie, S. (1999) ‘Technophilia: Technophobia’, International Journal of Cultural Studies 13, No.3, pp 540-542. (ISBN 0-415-19797)
- Younie, S. (2001) ‘Developing a ‘Cognitively Flexible Literacy’: from an industrial society to the information age’, in Issues in Teaching using ICT (ed) M. Leask, London: Routledge. ISBN 0-415-23867-6 pp 206-222.
- Younie, S. (2002) ‘Research Using IT’, Educational Research, Winter2002, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p340-342.
- Younie, S. (2006) ‘Implementing Government Policy on ICT in Education: lessons learnt’, Education and Information Technologies, Vol 11, Nos 3-4, pp 385-400
- Younie, S. (2009) ‘Aim higher Associate Scheme: Pathfinder Project Evaluation Report’, Coventry and Warwickshire Local Authority.
- Younie, S. (2009) ‘Developing Resources Using ICT’ in (eds) Younie, S. Capel and M. Leask, Supporting Teaching and Learning in the Secondary School: a companion for higher level teaching assistants. London: Routledge. ISBN 978-0-415-35884-2 pp 125-132
- Younie, S. (2012) ‘Promoting Digital Literacy through OER: the use and reuse of open educational resources’, Association of IT in Teacher Education National Newsletter, Autumn/Winter 2012, No 69, pp. 15-6. London: ITTE
- Younie, S. (2012) ‘Digital games based learning: more than toys?’ Association of IT in Teacher Education National Newsletter, Autumn/Winter 2012, No 69, pp. 17-8. London: ITTE
- Younie, S. (2013) ‘iPads/tablets and mobile technologies: distinctive pedagogies’ Association of IT in Teacher Education National Newsletter, Summer 2013, No 71, pp.21-22, London: ITTE
- Younie, S. (2016) ‘Educational Research and Education Policy Making’ BERA SIG National Newsletter, 4 November 2016.
- Younie, S. and Bradshaw, P. (2010) ‘BBC News School Report project: evaluation of trainees experiences’ Association of IT in Teacher Education National Newsletter, Summer 2010, No 64, pp.3, London: ITTE
- Younie, S. and Bradshaw, P. (eds) (2018) Debates in Computing and ICT Education. London: Routledge https://www.routledge.com/Debates-in-Computing-and-ICT-Education/Younie-Bradshaw/p/book/9781138891784
- Younie, S. and Bradshaw, P., Cameron, K. (2010) ‘Evaluation of the use of the BBC News School Report project in Initial Teacher Education’, Training and Development Agency, Ministry of Education (DfE) UK Government.
- Younie, S. and Cameron, K. (2014) ‘An Evaluation of the Use of iPads as Augmentative and Alternative Communication devices (AAC)’, Research Report on Netherhall Special School to Leicester City Council.
- Younie, S., Capel, S. and Leask, M. (eds) (2009) Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools: a handbook for higher level teaching assistants. London: Routledge. ISBN 978-0-415-35884-2
- Younie, S. and Cheema, R. (2015) ‘Investigating the Use of Eye Tracking Technology in the Assessment of Learning: A case study of research and innovation at Netherhall Special School’ Research Report to Leicester City Council.
- Younie, S. and Jones, S. (2012) ‘Digital Literacy and Creativity: Open Educational Resources Project Final Report’ to Higher Education Academy and JISC.
- Younie, S. and Leask, M. (2009) ‘Use of Learning Platforms to support Continuing Professional Development in HEIs and Schools’, Coventry: Becta, UK Government.
- Younie, S. and Leask, M. (2013) Teaching with Technologies: The Essential Guide, Maidenhead: Open University Press
- Younie, S. and Leask, M. (2016) ‘Teacher Education Knowledge Mobilisation Summit for the UNESCO Education 2030 Framework for Action: Using low cost digital technologies’ IT in Teacher Education, National Newsletter, Summer 2016, London: ITTE
- Younie, S and Leask, M. (2017) ‘Overcoming fragmentation between research and practice: managing the professional knowledge base for teachers’ in (Ed) B. Hudson, Overcoming Fragmentation in Teacher Education: Implications for policy, practice and future research, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Younie, S. and Leask, M. (2013) ‘Implementing learning platforms in schools and universities: lessons from England and Wales’, Technology, Pedagogy and Education, Vol. 22, No.3, pp 247-266. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/1475939X.2013.802118
- Younie, S., Leask, M. and Burden, K. (2015) Teaching and Learning with ICT in the Primary School. London: Routledge.
- Younie, S. and Moore, T. (2005) ‘Supporting Teachers’ Professional Practice with ICT’ in (eds) M. Leask and N. Pachler Learning to Teach in the Secondary School Using ICT. London: Routledge. ISBN 0-415-35104-9 pp 17-40.
- Younie, S. and Powell, (2009) ‘Your Professional Development’ in (eds) S.Younie, S. Capel and M. Leask, Supporting Teaching and Learning in the Secondary School: a companion for higher level teaching assistants. London: Routledge. ISBN 978-0-415-35884-2 pp 147-159
- Younie S. and Preston, C (2017) ‘A curriculum faux pas‘. Education Executive, 2 March 2017. https://flickread.com/
- Younie S., and Preston, C (2017) ‘Don’t lose the essence of what it means to teach’ TES 17th March 2017. https://mirandanet.ac.uk/blog/
- Younie, S. and Preston, C. (2017) ‘Research Report: what are the digital skills that will be required in the future?’ IT in Teacher Education, National Newsletter, Spring 2017, London: ITTE. .
- Younie S. and Preston C. (2019 in press) Chapter: Creating resilience: professional communities for teachers to improve recruitment and retention: in Exploring Teacher Recruitment and Retention: Regional disparities and key challenges Eds T. Ovenden-Hope and R. Passy Routledge
- Younie, S., Procter, R., Noakes, J., Davis., G. and Audain, J. (2017) ‘Developing Evidence-informed practice: engaging teachers with research’, Every Child Journal, Vol 6, Issue: 1, pp 80-87.
- Williams, L., Cernochova, M., Demo, B. and Younie, S. (2015) ‘A Working Model for Teacher Training in Computing through the Literacy from Scratch Project’, in D. Passey and A. Tatnall (Eds) Key Competencies in ICT and Informatics: Implications and Issues for Educational Professionals and Management, New York: Springer, pp. 25-33.
- Wishart, J. (2015) Exploring the Use of Mobile Devices to Support Teacher Education in Yan, Z (ed). Encyclopedia of Mobile Phone Behaviour. Hershey PA: ICI Global (pp 466-478).
- Wishart, J. (2017) Mobile learning in schools : key issues, opportunities and ideas for practice. Routledge