Preparing to again provide peer-reviewed insight to the education sector on the best innovations in teaching and learning, the Wharton-QS Reimagine Education Awards have announced their 2021 judging panel and we at the Technology, Pedagogy and Education Association (https://tpea.ac.uk/) are delighted to announce that committee member Dr Elizabeth Hidson has been confirmed as a finalist judge. With her expertise in teacher education and EdTech, Dr Hidson is looking forward to reviewing the exciting submissions for this event.
Selecting from 521 candidacies – almost twice as many as last year’s 263 – the Awards Steering Committee selected 225 expert educators to contribute their knowledge and experience to the evaluation of this year’s applications.
Key facts about this year’s cohort include:
- Judges hail from 45 countries and territories, with all six continents represented by at least one evaluator.
- The most-represented countries and territories are: United States (41 judges), Australia (19), United Kingdom and Mexico (17 each), Malaysia (16), and Hong Kong (11).
- Judges have, on average, 19.25 years of experience in the education sector.
With an emphasis on sourcing a wide range of perspectives and insights, judges represent:
- Universities from across the world, including Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the University of Oxford, the National University of Singapore, Duke University, Australian National University, The University of Melbourne, the University of Sydney, University of Hong Kong, and Trinity College Dublin.
- Business schools, including The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, Imperial College Business School, Warwick Business School and Johns Hopkins Carey Business School
- Technology companies and startups, including edX and IBM.
- Edtech investors, think-tanks and consultants, including Zanichelli Ventures and Holon IQ.
The judging process will be divided into three rounds of independent judging and three rounds of internal moderation, conducted between 4th October and 10th December. It culminates in the live selection of the 2021/22 Reimagine Education Overall Winners which will take place during the Reimagine Education Conference’s Award Ceremony – education’s ‘Oscars’ night (10th December, 18:05 GMT).
Jack Moran, Reimagine Education Program Manager, said: “The Reimagine Education Awards are designed to provide reliable, robust signals to the education sector regarding the quality of teaching and learning across the world’s universities – and those edtech solutions that have most successfully demonstrated their efficacy, uniqueness, and scalability.”
“Providing such signals relies upon the unparalleled power of peer review – the collective wisdom of a record number of highly-experienced educators. We are delighted that the scope of this initiative continues to grow, and, in our most competitive candidate cohort ever, congratulate all of our judges on their selection. Global, multisectoral and multidisciplinary, they are well-placed to evaluate an application base that is equally so.”
The full list of 2021’s judges can be found at: https://www.reimagine-education.com/judging-panel/.
The Wharton-QS Reimagine Education Awards – offering $50,000 and global visibility to their winner – are accepting Award submissions until Sunday 3rd October, 23:59 BST. Applicants can begin their Reimagine Education journey at no cost at https://portal.reimagine-education.com/.
The Reimagine Education Awards are co-organized by QS Quacquarelli Symonds – global higher education analysts and compilers of the QS World University Rankings – and The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. Now in their eighth year, they illuminate world-class teaching and learning innovation across 16 Award Categories, and solicited 1472 submissions from universities and edtech companies in 2020.
Notes for Editors
For interviews with the Reimagine Education Team, please contact:
Director of Communications
QS Quacquarelli Symonds
+44 (0) 2072847248
Jack N. Moran
Senior Public Relations Manager
QS Quacquarelli Symonds
+44 7474 847 430
QS Quacquarelli Symonds
QS Quacquarelli Symonds is the world’s leading provider of services, analytics, and insight to the global higher education sector, whose mission is to enable motivated people anywhere in the world to fulfil their potential through educational achievement, international mobility, and career development.
The QS World University Rankings portfolio, inaugurated in 2004, has grown to become the world’s most popular source of comparative data about university performance. Their flagship website, www.TopUniversities.com – the home of their rankings – was viewed 147 million times in 2020, and over 79,000 media clippings pertaining to, or mentioning, QS were published by media outlets across the world in 2020.