Event Information Box
Table of Contents
KEY PIECES OF INFORMATION FROM THE EVENT
BECTA - 21st Century teacher
Government, Department or Organisation
Secretary of State
DETAIL OF THE EVENT
From the BECTA Archive
With everybody in education supporting the Government’s aspiration of building a 21st century schools system with excellent teaching, the role of ICT in teaching and learning is very important.
Research now shows that technology can help to:
• motivate learners and keep them engaged in learning;
• improve attainment levels and raise standards;
• personalise learning and give learners a voice;
• make difficult and abstract concepts easier to explore;
• save you time and be more efficient;
• open up dialogue with parents and extend learning;
• make learners partners in their formal learning;
• reach the hard-to-reach.
Your learners are already engaging with technology both in and out of school. Are you? This booklet will help you discover what it takes to become a 21st century teacher.